So, I am pretty new to this whole website and blogging thing, but I'll get the hang of it. I have never been a person to really publicly share what's going on with my life, but I thought people would be interested in seeing what I do. I just recently went part-time at my job at the Paramount Center for the Arts to pursue being an artist. Some of you already knew that, but here's an update of what has been accomplished in the past few months:
1. Did a commission piece for a friend for Christmas
2. Finished working with WACOSA. Those people are just a hoot! Again a successful residency making art with people who just need a little confidence boost.
3. I am half-way through my residency with Anna Marie's Alliance. Mondays with these women have been my favorite. It's just been a bunch of "girl talk" and making art. These are very strong women, and I am happy to be a part of their healing process.
4. Central Minnesota Arts Board granted Hillside Adult Basic Education School to have me come in as an artist to teach students who need an art credit to get their GED. On the plus side, I get to have a studio for four months to create a new body of work!
5. ROCORI Community Education asked me to teach classes for adults and youth this spring.
6. Finishing up handmade Christmas gifts to the very last second, as I do every year.
Looks like it's going to be a busy year again, but I will keep you all posted with pictures and all the happenings!
Here are some pics: