I haven't posted in over a year!! AHH! Life is so crazy sometimes.
Well, during the months of January-May of 2017, I had studio space and taught at Hillside Adult Basic Education school in Sauk Rapids, MN. I got to know my students really well. We worked on some of the elements of art. Two of my students did self portraits and we did a huge exhibition with previous artist in residents at the St. Cloud Library.
These are some of my students at the end of the year picnic at Hillside ABE.
In May, I had the privilege of curating an exhibit of Hollywood actress and artist, Jane Seymour's work.
This past Summer was a usual busy one. I taught Summer Art Camps, but not as many as past years, because I wanted to actually have a summer. I went on a weekend trip with my girlfriends to Madeline Island, WI. I went on a road trip by myself to Taylor's Falls, MN to camp and visit the sculpture park they have there.
I was also asked to do a rendition of a photograph for an exhibition at the St. Benedict's Monastery in St. Joseph. There are two nuns who love taking photos. The artists who were asked to participate in the exhibit got to pick a photograph that one of these nuns took and redo the photograph in their own medium. When I saw the cabbage photograph, I immediately was drawn to do it in mosaics.
This fall, I worked with clients from WACOSA again. Over the course of 10 weeks, we made a lot of clay projects. This group is so much fun!
In December, Hillside ABE was granted a small grant to have me come and teach students for a few weeks. The Sauk Rapids Herald did a little article on me and the school. Check it out!
So, I am pretty new to this whole website and blogging thing, but I'll get the hang of it. I have never been a person to really publicly share what's going on with my life, but I thought people would be interested in seeing what I do. I just recently went part-time at my job at the Paramount Center for the Arts to pursue being an artist. Some of you already knew that, but here's an update of what has been accomplished in the past few months:
1. Did a commission piece for a friend for Christmas
2. Finished working with WACOSA. Those people are just a hoot! Again a successful residency making art with people who just need a little confidence boost.
3. I am half-way through my residency with Anna Marie's Alliance. Mondays with these women have been my favorite. It's just been a bunch of "girl talk" and making art. These are very strong women, and I am happy to be a part of their healing process.
4. Central Minnesota Arts Board granted Hillside Adult Basic Education School to have me come in as an artist to teach students who need an art credit to get their GED. On the plus side, I get to have a studio for four months to create a new body of work!
5. ROCORI Community Education asked me to teach classes for adults and youth this spring.
6. Finishing up handmade Christmas gifts to the very last second, as I do every year.
Looks like it's going to be a busy year again, but I will keep you all posted with pictures and all the happenings!
Here are some pics: